As I secretly indulged in some of my favourite things today, I started thinking about guilty pleasures. The urban dictionary says guilty pleasures are those things we shouldn’t like, but we like anyway but I beg to differ… I think they are things we do but don’t talk about to anyone. But why the guilt? If we really like doing something, we shouldn’t feel guilty about it, right? I find so much joy and fulfillment in these activities. And while I jokingly call them “guilty pleasures,” I never felt a single pang of remorse. I’m going to share my guilty pleasures because to be honest, I don’t feel a bit guilty about having them! HOLLA!
- Sleeping late. So what?
- Sweatpants all day, everyday… I do not apologise for over worn comfy pants.
- Putting on red lipstick before cleaning the house, just makes chores so much more glamorous.
- YouTube addict, I can spend hours searching and watching videos. I’ll forget I put a load of washing on.
- I love myself a big bag of lightly salted chips. I find so much comfort in devouring and repeating this over and over and over again.
- Brushing my hair. Not. Optional completely optional, yip. On day 5, it’s complete torture though as I try to untangle my hair.
- Purchasing makeup. I literally hide the items I’ve bought away so that no one sees me unwrapping the packaging and adding it to my collection.
- Cheese. Any kind. Anywhere. All the time. That’s all I’m willing to reveal. Ok.
- Karaoke. Now the secrets out. The reality of the sound of my voice is deafening to say the least but I love singing my heart out all by myself.
- Regifting. Honestly, if you not going to use it, give it to someone who will. Shopping for gifts are already so hard.
Do not shame yourself for doing things that are perfectly, normally human, but happen to be deemed imperfect in society. I’m not trying to be prefect just an excellent example of being human.
Now that you know mine, what are your guilty pleasures? Promise… It’ll be our delicious little secret.
Just about ready to do my chores…